I have finally finished the re-edit of Winter Wolves. In addition it has received a new cover as well, in keeping with the others of the series.
In addition to trying to fix up all spelling and grammatical errors that I could find, I also re-wrote the last 10,000 words. I had never been entirely happy with the ending, given I felt it had too much in common with the ending of Tears of the Mountain. And there was a good reason for that. I had started work on Winter Wolves first, plotting it out and writing about half of it. Then, as is my way, I switched projects and starts on Tears. This time I actually stuck through to the end and finished Tears. However I had never had an ending for Tears planned and in the end borrowed the one I had planned for Winter Wolves. When I went back to Winter Wolves I found myself without an ending and tried to cobble one together, one that I felt had too much in common with the ending of Tears. The re-edit gave me a chance to re-write the ending into one not so similar, and one that I fell makes more sense – at least for me.