Archive for March, 2014

The string of not quite meeting the challenge targets has continued this week, aided by having three days of relief work that saw little done on those days.  Plus today I have a job interview to see whether it becomes a more permanent arrangement.  I have also temporarily paused writing up notes on the background on the fantasy epic series while I do research on a number of matters; language, mythology, cultures, history etc, looking for ideas and inspiration.

Block 1: Target: 3500 words. Output: 1057.  Overall total: 31232 (Target: 31500).

Block 2: Target: 7000 words.  Output: 6232. Overall total: 62755 (Target: 63000).

Block 3: Target: 10500 words. Output: 10808.  Overall total: 119566 (Target: 94500).

2014 total to date: 213533 (Target: 189000).  Daily average: 3390 words.

We have now completed the second month of the year so it is time to look back over the progress of it.

I did not have quite as much time to write this month, given I was doing relief work for two days a week during it, and as a result the output did drop a bit.  Compared to the 120,000 from last month, this month was only 81,458 in comparison.

Of that 13818 words were written on the background notes for the new epic fantasy under design.  I had been aiming for 14,000 so fell just short.

24812 went into drafts of new stories, a bit short of the 28,000 I had been aiming for.

42,828 was of rewrites of old drafts and stories, slightly above the 42,000 I had set for the month.

There are now 1 novella, 11 novelettes and 2 short stories complete, an addition of 5 novelettes from last month, still all from the same three series.

Obviously the proofread, edit and covers didn’t get done last month.  No promises for this month either…